Thursday, April 22, 2010

Step one: My first ever blog

Well here it is my first installment in my journey to pay off my home mortgage in 10 years or less. All while living on a tight budget as a single Mum.

I'm a 35 year old single Mum of 2 fantastic boys aged 5 and 7. We live in a simple 3 bedroom 1 bathroom home in a nice neighbourhood in Christchurch. One of the huge incentives for buying this house was the full size section with the mature trees for the lads to run, play and climb. The downsize of the full section was the higher price on the property however I decided the bigger mortgage was worth the space we would have.

Buying and moving into the first home I had ever owned by myself was one of the scariest and yet most empowering things I have ever done. I feel empowered as a mother and a woman that I can provide for my family and put a roof over our heads. However I am constantly concerned at the high level of debt I have taken on (by my standards) and am working at ways to reduce that debt daily.

My blog will be a step by step guide to my journey to owning my own home and being debt free within 10 years. I hope to post daily sharing the little things I do towards saving money to be paid off towards my mortgage.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogsville, love that you have started yours and that I am the first follower. Heres to you realising your dream of a mortgage freehome for your boys. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be following with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Choccy, so is this the precursor to the book? Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Travel Queen (P.M?) yes I figure this is practice for writing a book. You know kinda like babysteps to writing.

    ReplyDelete