Friday, May 28, 2010

Disney on Ice

Tonight we were lucky enough to go to the Disney on Ice show. I say lucky because we went last year and I would have given it a miss this year. My Mum however felt differently and decided that tickets could be our thank you for running the business while they were away.

This year I was a little silly and decided that seeing as the lads had just had dinner and dessert I wouldn't take any snacks just a water bottle. Hmmmmmmm nothing like an empty bag to make the lads "so hungry they could die" - famous words from Mr6. Man you wouldn't believe the prices they charge at those events. Now bear in mind our seats were average and for the 3 of us cost over $120 by the time booking fees etc were added. On top of that something simple like candy floss with an Incredibles mask - $20. WOW I thought who would be crazy enough to buy those? Hmmmm turns out lots of people are prepared to splash out ridiculous sums of money for junk food at these events. $15 for a snow cone in a flash disney cup? Please. Sorry lads, not in this lifetime! I reminded them this was the time they were usually in bed and not eating anyway so they were out of luck. Mean Mummy I sometimes think but then I would rather buy them a book each or some more Lego for that sort of money.

On the other hand I did get a great score today. I was given some staff discount coupons for a store (sorry cannot be named) we do work for. I went along today and was very pleasantly surprised at how cool the discounts were. I managed to get everything I planned on getting and was still well under budget so added a couple more bits seeing as I had planned to spend a certain amount anyway. So Mr8 now has a really nice all be it couple of sizes too big sweater put aside in the wardrobe for when he grows. Was too good a bargin to pass on and who knows if I will get the opportunity again.

Haven't put anything in my tin at this stage as I have no change in my wallet but will make up for that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment