Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yay yay it's Mother's Day

Now before I begin please excuse my spelling as I have had a couple of wines and there is only so much spell check can do!

Hmmmmm Mother's Day. In our house Mother's day is special in that Mummy is on duty almost 24/7 but at the same time there is nobody but Mummy to ensure the jobs get done. So today I have mowed the lawns front and back which is unusual. Why does the back grow a lot faster than the front? That and the pruning the lads did down the driveway managed to fill 2 1/2 green waste bins. Lucky I get the 2 bins from work or else we would have a green waste overflow.

Then it was on to baking as my gift for my Mum. My Mum helps me a lot both with time and with bits and pieces for the lads when needed. This year I asked the lads what we should get for nana and they suggested the DG cake and Mr7 wanted to bake something himself for her. So that we did. And also I tried a new recipe for a biscuit that I did wrong so we made what we have called crunchy cookie slice. Haha was not going to waste all that butter. My goodness you should have seen all the dishes. Mum is now providing a morning tea shout for work tomorrow with all the goodies she took home and the lads delivered a load to friends before tea. I love sharing our baking.

Roast chicken for dinner which was supper yummy and enough leftovers for chicken and pasta tomorrow dinner, a chicken sandwich for me tomorrow lunch and I am going to give chicken soup a crack too. Great value for a $10 chicken.

So money saving things for today were no car day so no petrol used, baked instead of brought a gift, stretched a chicken to 3 evening meals and a lunch and didn't go to the shops so couldn't spend any dosh there either. My Mother's Day gift to myself was ginger crunch so saved money there as well. Have put $5 into my tin for all the money I have saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment