Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.......

Tomorrow Mr7 is having his 8th birthday party. He requested a camping trip for this party but at the end of May it is just too cold for his sook of a mother. So instead I promised him I would try and put the tent up inside the house.

Now being a single mother this was not the smartest suggestion in the world. On top of that I still have a dodgy shoulder. So I carefully moved almost all the furniture out of the lounge using mostly my right arm and my legs. The good thing about doing this was I have now cleaned and vacuumed behind the two sofas and the sea chest wooden box coffee table. Then in came the tent and along with that the laughter.

Firstly have you ever seen a woman with a dodgy shoulder try and put up a tent? Secondly it's a very large tent in an average sized room. Basically there is not a lot of room to spare. So finally get the poles in and remember that I cannot lift the dome roof by myself even when I am in great shape. Hmmm so I swallowed my pride and went to the neighbours. My neighbour and her two daughters came over and after fits of laughter seeing the size of the tent in the house we got to work. It's really hard to put up a tent in such a tight spot.

I can proudly say we now have a tent in our lounge. How's that for a party to beat the Jones's? How many other kids have parents who will let them have a full sized tent in the house? So my young man is super happy with getting home from school to see the tent fits in the lounge and is already sorting out where his friends get to sleep. And I'm super happy because I don't have to go camping in the cold and an at home camp out is much cheaper and more comfortable not to mention easier.

Value of seeing the lads smiling faces when they see the tent inside the house? Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment