Thursday, May 13, 2010

Falling off the wagon

Ooops today I have fallen off the wagon and forgotten my savings goal. I took a look at one of my favourite clothes shops - Wild South - on my way home and well something just insisted on being brought and taken home with me.

One of my big weaknesses is clothing. In fact it's probably the only weakness I have that will derail me from my savings goal all be it temporarily. I like new clothes. They make me feel good both when I buy them and when I wear them. Now I have tried op shopping but only went once and the selection was worn and tatty. Plus will things feel as good knowing they are not new?

So anyway I am $50 down (it just jumped onto the credit card I promise) but at least I have a nice new top to wear out tonight. And like almost everything I buy it will mix and match with almost everything I already own.

And I haven't done anything today that could be counted as money saving other than waiting until I got home to make myself some lunch rather than buying something. Dinner tonight is cottage pie ex freezer so that's a sort of saving but I truly think that will be all I manage. And I have a bit of a busy weekend ahead so will have to work hard at ways to save more money for the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment