Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yay lappy is back

Yay my laptop has finally come home to me and is virus and other bug things free. Total cost was $20 because my girl friend had a few problems that someone else had to have a look at.

Filled up the car with gas on our way home from the hospital today. Was impressed at how long this last tank has lasted. Fill cost just over $70 and I loaded $10 onto my BP gift card. Current balance on that one is $30. I keep putting $10 onto it each time I fill up so that when money gets tight I have some $$$$ to fall back on to fill up the tank. I also have another $10 BP gift card that I got from doing a survey a while back. So that's half a tank of fuel I have to spare. Change from gas has gone, you guessed it, in my coin jar!

Other money saving things I did today include calling in at home before picking up the lads and grabbing some baking for afternoon tea. After the hospital I treated them to half a Crunchie bar each for being so well behaved. Also took out leftover roast chicken from the freezer so I could make chicken and pasta for dinner rather than being tempted to stop and get takeaway on the way home. Oh and as usual I have hung the washing on an airer under the heat pump to get it dry rather than using the dryer. I do this whenever needed and it is a huge money saver on the electricity bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment