Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oops I was wrong

Yes it appears the telly did well and truly die.

Girls weekend was postponed due to terrible weather so the 2 of us whom live in this area got together for a dvd, wine, cheese and crackers. Well I proudly boasted to my friend how I had fixed my own telly and wouldn't you know it 45 seconds into the previews on the disc the jolly thing blew up again.

Now being strong, smart, independent women we decided to take things into our own hands. This of course called for the first glass of wine to prepare ourselves. That done, out over the slippery terrain we went to the sleepout for the replacement telly. Wow did you know those things are heavy? No wonder someone invented the flat screen. I'll bet it was a single woman! In it came though and out with the old. Quick stop for some more wine and the real challenge started. Who knew a television could have so many plugs and cables. That wasn't going to beat us though so we guessed what went where and turned it on. Yippe right first time. Yeah right. Turns out I am great at getting the telly going but not for making the dvd player work with it. More wine and phone calls to blokes and still no luck.

On to plan C. We took the replacement telly out and placed it on the floor and took the telly from my bedroom to the lounge. I'm fairly sure the dvd player has been connected to that tv before. Well maybe it has but it doesn't remember. So that one didn't work either.

Lastly was plan D - open another bottle of wine and spend the afternoon/early evening enjoying the company of a good friend. At last we had some success. We even rang the friend from Nelson who we were supposed to meet up with and had a speaker phone chat with her.

Ok so no money saving there other than the fact I was too drunk to trust myself to cook tea so went to bed without any. Will put the cordon bleu I had brought in the freezer for another night.

I did however do really well with my groceries this weekend. I went to a place called Raeward Fresh to get fruit and veges and after getting in a good stock of those I spent almost all the rest of this weeks grocery money on meat. 4x #20 chickens which should be 3 dinners and soup for me and the boys, 2x cordon bleu's and a kg chunk of corned beef. Freezer is full to overflowing. Picked up the last few essentials this morning at Pak n Save and now we are done for the week. I am anticipating a good stockpile stock up shop next weekend.

Oh and would you believe it has finally stopped raining. Grey and overcast but no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment