Thursday, May 13, 2010

Watching children achieve

Today my 7 year old son had his school cross country. Neither of my lads are overly sporty but Mr7 gave it a jolly good go today. First they had a walk to the quarry then it was race time. The children are split according to year group and also gender. I am pleased to report my wee man came in about the middle of his year group with his proud mother cheering him on from the sidelines. Absolutey shattered he proudly came over to me and announced that he had no energy left and didn't think he could manage swimming lessons after school. Then he bounced off and completed the fun run as well managing an impressive finish with his wee friend. They had to run the whole race holding hands and the year groups and genders are all mixed together. And he even managed to find enough energy for his swimming lesson as well which was good because at almost $10/lesson I wasn't eager to miss it out. Out of 5 kids in his swim group 3 had done the racing today. Where do they find the energy?

On the making money front today I had another survey from Valued Opinions that required help from Mr7 regarding his tv habits and that earned us another $2. I also placed $3 in coins into my tin boosting the mortgage fund. Also the original (read incorrect) weather forecast was for rain and cold so I only hung out half the washing on the 1 line that hangs partly under the eaves of the house. Beautiful and windy day today so that part of the washing is nice and dry but the stuff on the airer is not. It's quite warm tonight so no heat pump on to save electricity but hopefully it will finish drying overnight. That however is about all I have been able to do today. Still it all counts towards working my way to a debt free home and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment