Wednesday, June 2, 2010

1 Chicken 4 meals.

Wow. Last weekend I brought 4 size 20 chickens. I had read on Simple Savings of members getting 3-4 meals off chickens this size and thought it would be worth trying the size 20 instead of our usual size 9 which does 2 meals for $5.

Day 1 Sunday - roast chicken and vegetables.
Day 2 Monday - chicken noodle stir fry.
Day 3 Tuesday - chicken and pasta - just me tonight.
Day 4 Wednesday - was supposed to be chicken soup but turned more into chicken stew.

So that was successfully one chicken 4 meals and 3 nights of very simple dinners as the meat was already cooked. Very happy I stocked up on that one as we now have weeks of simple meals ahead.

So thanks to Simple Savings I have found yet another way to make my grocery money stretch a little further and we still had healthy meals. I will definately keep an eye out for chicken specials like that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment