Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chocolate as a sore throat remedy

Today I awoke feeling totally lousy. I went to sleep with a scratchy throat last night and after coughing and spluttering my way through the night today has basically been a total write off. I rang in sick this morning, managed to drop the lads at the gate at school, came home and hung out a load of washing and then curled back up in bed.

Turns out this was the best thing I could have done. Nice warm bed, lemon and honey drink and then about 2.5 hours of sleep. Man I needed that. Slowly made my way from bed to the shower to the sofa before getting the lads from school.

The funniest thing though was when I got up from my sleep I read a friend had posted online saying chocolate is a perfect remedy for sore throats. She says if you let it slowly melt in your mouth it places a lining over the sore parts and they feel better. You know what? I think she is right. Or that's my excuse for all the chocolate I have eaten today and I am sticking to it!

It was raining again by the time I headed back for the lads - what a surprise. Luckily I had grabbed the washing when it started so it's now half dry and on the airer. The heat pump has had a real workout today as when we got up there was a severe frost and it got cranked up to keep us warm. Still again thanks to the heat pump I have avoided using the clothes dryer.

On the money saving front I had a no spend day. Almost stopped on the way home from taking the lads to St John's and treated myself to a chocolate bar but it was really pouring so changed my mind and had some more of the stash at home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment