Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rain rain go away.....

But do not come back another day! I am so over the rain. I am over looking at the washing filling up my lounge room. But I am determined I will not cave and use the clothes dryer.

I have leaves that need raking outside as the trees continue to drop them everywhere. Our place looks like a carpet of leaves. I did get some raked up yesterday but not enough. And now it is raining again for the next few days so it will have to stay carpeted.

We haven't done much that is saving money these past few days. Mostly just the little things we do on a daily basis. I have managed to put about $10 in my money tin however and other than a blocked drain problem yesterday no unexpected expenditure. One thing I learned yesterday was that if you notice a problem on a Saturday get onto it straight away. The charge for the drain layer was $112.50 (which given the job was a fantastic deal) but had it have waited until Sunday or heaven forbid the public holiday on Monday then the bill would have been much larger. I am super grateful that I discovered the problem first thing Saturday morning saving us a lot of money.

Dinner tonight was a $$$$ saver though. A jam sandwich and maybe a banana later on if I get hungry. For lunch we had ciabatta bread with cooked chicken and I am still full. Or maybe I am full because I ate half a packet of m&ms. Either way I don't feel hungry so had a super cheap dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment