Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yippe this months mortgage goal!

I am very pleased to report I reached my goal of $1500 off the principal of my homeloan this month. $1524.25 was my total and I am smiling as I report that. I am getting closer and closer to my 2010 goal of getting my loan under $150k. Another month and a bit is all I need.

And on the holiday front it's so exciting to have it booked and the planning underway. Flights are booked, accommodation is booked and this next weeks job is the rental car. Flybuys points are slowly accruing and at this stage 2 days at theme parks are safely covered with these points. How far I have managed to come in the space of a couple of days.

In the back yard things are progressing slowly but I can see some signs of life which is always a big bonus. I've recently heard about a fantastic garden centre on the other side of town which sells grafted fruit trees which grow more than one species of apple, pear etc on each tree. My friend visited this centre today and reported back about how fantastic it is and now I really want to go there. Just need to hold off a few weeks but can you imagine how cool it would be to have 3 different types of apple growing on the one tree.

So having an early night tonight - it's going to be mighty cold here in the morning. -2 degrees expected over night so the only thing to do is snuggle in bed with a good book and an electric blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment