Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shoes shoes and more shoes

Today we went to a cafe/gift shop for lunch with my Nana and my Mum. It was out at Ferrymead and was totally delish! All be it very expensive though. Although it appears it was only expensive by my standards as the place was packed to overflowing with all types of people. I think I have lost the ability to eat out without thinking how much food I could get at the supermarket for the same cost. I wonder if I will ever be able to eat out without making comparisons again. Still at least the food and the service was great.

As part of a detour on the way back we stopped at an adults shoe shop. Actually it was mostly a ladies shoe shop and OMG some of the shoes were to die for. The only problem was the cheapest ones I found cost $199.90 which is well kinda out of my shoe budget. Oh there was another small problem - the brand was called Eject and I couldn't help but think "reject". There was one particular pair I really liked which cost $499.90. Now they were full leather knee high boots so at least there was a lot of leather to them. But it begs the question - do people really spend that much money on shoes? And do they ever wear them or do they look at them all shiny in the cupboard afraid to wear them in case they get ruined? I know I would do the later.

On another completely different note the sun was shining again leading to a very productive money and sanity saving day with the washing. 3 loads were washed and almost completely dried - just finishing off on the airer now. And I have promised myself that before I head to bed I will rotate and fold everything that is dry so that tomorrow when I get up the first thing I see will not be washing all over the house. Of course I will have to put it all away too but that's ok I'm sure it will be worth it.

So it's a quiet night for me - home alone. It's amazing how empty the house seems when the lads are not here. So far I have watched a dvd - The Hurt Locker. Fantastic movie all be it very different from what I would usually watch. I am planning an early night with one of the many books I got from the library yesterday. Cheap, quiet and relaxing - what more could a single girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment