Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rubber Chicken

Roast chicken again. Yum that has to be the most cost effective roast meal available. $9 chicken served tonight with roast potatoes and steamed veges, tomorrow as chicken with veges and rice, friday as chicken pie (or that's my plan anyway) and saturday night should see us move onto chicken soup/stew depending on how the recipie turns out.

So that's one of the ways I saved money today. Also we got milk at the dairy by work where it is 50 cents cheaper for 2 litres than it is at the dairy by school. And lastly after school we spent about an hour outdoors raking up leaves and mucking around in the yard. By the time the boys realised they hadn't had afternoon tea it was almost dinner time so they just snacked on a cruskit each.

Sun is supposed to be shining after a horrid frost tomorrow so washing machine is already in in anticipation of getting things dry the old fashioned way.

I have dedicated some time on Friday to doing a stock take on the freezer and the pantry so I can do an inventory. Will also do the stockpile and then make a comprehensive grocery list for the weekends shop. Will be good to see exactly where I am at when I get that sorted. Who knows what is lurking at the bottom of my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment