Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another job done

Well another job can be ticked off my list - the lawns have been mowed. I raced home from work and then challenged the rain to beat me. We it kinda did but I kept mowing anyway. And I must have started something because now I can hear the neighbour out with her mower. Hopefully that will be the last mow for about 8 weeks. There are some perks to winter. And in true money saving style I took one of the green waste bins from work to fill with my clippings saving my bin for weeds over the weekend. Sure beats paying to take stuff to the dump.

I have done about 1/3 of the vacuuming and am going to do the rest when I am finished here. The lads have their car mat out with an arrangement of very carefully placed vehicles so I am going to have to be very careful when I do the lounge. Then that only leaves me some more slippers to do. I have sent 11 pairs off today and still need to make more. 3 pairs of the medium sized boys are already sold and that's all of that size and colour I had made so need to get about another 6 or more done. I'm planning on just making them until I run out of sheepskin. The place I used to source offcuts from has closed so I'm not sure how I will go about making them after that. Hoping to get 5-6 more pairs of these done by Tuesday but that will only happen if the weather is lousy.

If the weather is dry I really need to get some weeding done out the front. I hate the front looking untidy as I worry that others will think badly. And I don't want them to think it's cos I'm a single Mum. It's really cos I hate gardening - or weeding anyway.

Right enough chatter it's time to finish the vacuuming and get some things done. Enjoy the day all - each day is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment