Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another job or two done

Today I have completed 2 more tasks towards my holiday. I have rung Ashmore Palms and paid the deposit on our accommodation. Nice and easy and a job completed. Job 2 was the rental car. I have chosen to use the same car place we used last time. Lets face it great service, great car and super easy to find the depo - what more do I need. So I emailed them last night for a quote and today's response was $2500 for our trip. WTF? I thought that was really expensive. Scrolled down the quote and it said we were on the Gold Coast for 75 days. Hmmmmmmmm I wish! So emailed them back and corrected it to 15 days. The reply including pick up and drop off at Brisbane Airport is $490 less 5% if I book within 48 hours. So it's booked as well and another tick off the to do list.

Also to make sure I don't spend all my sanity allowance on silly things I have already placed $10 into the holiday fund. If I do this every week it will add up to over $300 by the time we go.

Other ways I have saved money today include turning off the heat pump while at work, opening the windows all day to dry the house instead of using a dehumidifier, powdered milk and stewed fruit with the breakfasts for the lads, stopped at the cheapest dairy for milk, and I have already hung out tomorrows washing on the line in anticipation of another lovely day. Fingers crossed that works out.

So all in all it takes babysteps to get there and one step at a time we will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment