Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A new plan

Yesterday I told a girl friend (well sort of promised) that I would get to work on my raised vege gardens this weekend. Two of them have been built so far with two more and a sand pit to go at this stage and then two more gardens at a later date.

I have been reading the junk mail lately (must remember to put the no junk sticker back on the letterbox) and have seen lots of places advertising strawberry plants so the penny dropped and I realised it's time to get off my butt and start prepping for next season.

And now to make sure I avoid backing out of my promise I have been out today and brought compost - a blended one for two scoops and mushroom one for the other scoop. I picked it up last thing today and towed a trailer for the first time ever. Had a couple of goes at backing the trailer up the driveway and then gave up and phoned a friend. She sent her hubby right over and now it's up the driveway. And tomorrow I must move the lot first thing after taking the lads to school so I can get the trailer back asap. The garden place was really kind when I rang and after explaining trailer hire is $5/hour he said if I came between 4 and 5 pm I could keep the trailer overnight without any extra charges and just bring it back when it is unloaded. Great deal so I jumped at the offer. Fingers crossed for sunshine tomorrow.

So tomorrow will be shifting the compost into the gardens and prepping for planting over the weekend. I also have to move some existing berry bushes into their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment