Friday, June 18, 2010

A very productive day

Today has been a very busy and productive day and I am pleased with all my progress.

I had work today and it was really busy which was cool as it makes time go a lot faster. Before I knew it it was 12.30 and time to head back to Mum and Dad's to pick up the lads.

From there Mum shouted lunch. They had waited for me so I could join them. My choice and can you believe I chose Macca's. I am quite partial to a chicken burger and fries mmmmmmmmmmm I just love hot chips. Also by having that for lunch I was able to serve up a super quick and lazy dinner so it was perfect.

After that we headed to Oderings garden centre for strawberry plants. The berry patch is full with compost and I had hoped my budget would stretch to another 18 berry plants. Oderings had a great special on strawberries - 12 for $10 and seeing as I had budgeted $20 for this purchase I was able to get 24. So the berry patch is now full and waiting for a bountiful season. It looks super cool with it finished and this particular garden will just need maintence rather than regular replanting. So easy I just love it.

Also we visited my Aunties shop and I discovered they had sold $77 worth of my baby knitting + she purchased $54 worth of sheepskin baby slippers from me which was super cool. So on Monday the balance in the holiday fund will increase by $131 which will put a smile on my face for a week or two. Also I need to make about another dozen pair in the next week or two so that will be another holiday fund boost.

Lastly it was off to the supermarket. Planned spend was about $150 and came in with $5 to spare. And managed to get a few treats for us as well as a large pile for our stockpile. This is my stash of food and other items that will reduce my grocery spending over any period of reduced income. It's getting to be a rather healthy looking pile again. I always feel better when there is a decent amount of surplus food in the house and as things are at the moment I could probably do $30 grocery shops for about 10 weeks if I needed too. Ideally I would have double the supplies but I'm working up to that. I guess the question is - how much is enough and how much is too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment