Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting things done

I have discovered that one of the secrets of getting things done is staying away from the computer and the internet. What a wonderful resource the net can be but at the same time it is so easy to just surf away and not realise how fast the minutes are ticking by.

Towards the end of last week and into the weekend I spent very little time on the computer and it was amazing how productive my days were. Grrr rain again today and last Sunday and wouldn't you know it straight back to lappy and wasting time.

Now it's not that I have lots of free time. There is a lot to be done at the moment and sitting staring at the screen gets absolutely none of it done. So today I am going to blog my list of jobs to do - just the little ones. That way I have put it out there and will feel more accountable.

-make 10 more pairs of sheepskin slippers for my Aunties shop
-mow the lawns (now obviously I need some more sunshine for this one)
-clean the bathroom
-do some ironing
-vacuum

Now my aim is to do the last 3 of these jobs by this time tomorrow. Task 1 will be slowly but surely but should take about 7-10 days. Job 2 well that remains to have a time frame set as it is weather dependant.

The other reason I want to try and spend more time off the internet is that I spend so much time looking for ways to save money and very little time actually doing it. So I have promised myself that I will make more effort to actually implement the ideas I find.

So hopefully tomorrow I can successfully report that I have made some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment