Wednesday, July 21, 2010

5 down 475 to go

Well I have worked out that 480 is the magic number when the chickens break even. It's actually slightly sooner than that as I have been paying $5.50/dozen and my calculations have been worked out at $4/dozen. Either way you look at it though we are on our way.

The back yard hasn't made a lot of progress in the last few days. It seems that returning to work has slowed things down considerably. Not to mention the fact that the weather is not as good as it was during the holidays. It's hard because I tend to have a bit of an out of sight out of mind mentality. I think the only salvation at the moment is the fact that we are out there daily rain or shine to tend to the girls so I am getting a constant reminder. I wish it was spring already.

No more progress on the holiday fund either. Really need to get off my butt for this one as there's only something like 30 weeks to go. I just sort of have this feeling that the holiday will all fall into place but we all know that's not how these things work. It's just that now I have paid for the flights and the accommodation deposit (and have the rest of the money for the accommodation saved) I feel like the big stuff is all taken care of so no need to worry. The problem is the longer it takes me to get off my butt the less time I will have. I think over the weekend it might be time to make a visualization board.

A lot of this lack of direction I think is coming from not knowing what is going on at work. Lol in many ways it might be easier to not know it's for sale and job security is insecure. I'm sort of feeling like if it's not sold then the money is not a problem - life will just continue as it is and all will be good. But if it is sold then I need a better plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment