Friday, July 16, 2010

We got one :O) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I had to feed the chooks myself. I was rather apprehensive but had to be brave and all went well. Looked in the nesting box but alas no eggs :O(

Fast forward 5 hours and home again from work. Lads super keen to check if there had been any progress while we had been gone. So we all eggcitedly raced from the car to the hen house and yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. We got our first egg. You can imagine the look on the boys faces. We had not been too hopeful as the man at the chicken farm had said it could take 2 weeks to get eggs.

Other than that the last couple of days have been pretty normal for us. Yesterday we went to meet Mum in the city for lunch, visited the public library for chook books and Mr6 needed to go back to the podiatrist for his new orthotics. That's something I had been putting off so great to get it over and done with for the next 12-18 months.

Then we headed out to Pak n Save for our monthly big shop. They had frugal Friday on which is always a great day to shop and also if you spent $200 you got a 20c/litre petrol coupon. My budget was $200 so I had to keep a note of the prices to ensure I got to that level to get the coupon but not go too far over. Managed to do this and only went $2.71 over budget. Very happy with that. So will have 3 weeks of just bits and pieces + fruit n vege.

I had the lads staying the night at my parents last night so went out for a drink but wasn't really into it so was home by 9pm. Great for the budget though and also meant a good nights sleep with no interruptions. Feeling a bit tired this afternoon and snuffly so hope I'm not coming down with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment