Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OMG I am shattered.

Wow what a day.

This morning I discovered Mr8 was not 100%. Went in to see Mr6 and he was quite snuffly so decided it would be a good day to keep them at home with me. I've got a case of the sniffles too but if I took a day off for every day that happened then I'd only work about 50% of the time. Turned out that I was wrong about which child was actually sick as it was Mr6 who sat snuggled with his teddies, pillow and love blanket on the sofa for a good portion of the morning.

I decided to make the most of a day off work and set the lads up with their favourite computer game and headed out to the area formerly known as the jungle to keep up with the digging. An hour later I came back in covered head to toe in dirt and sweat but feeling great about the progress I had made. Had a snack and a half hour break and then back out for another 20 minutes until it started to rain.

I had planned to head to work at 2.30 for 3 hours so decided it was a good idea to toss myself in the shower before lunch and then heading to work. Then my boss (my Dad) surprised me by telling me not to worry about coming in. Well I had to make the most of that so got back into the jungle and completed the area that needed to be dug. Wow it looks so different out there now. I am aching head to toe but I'm sure at this stage that it was all worth it. Ask me in the morning and I may feel different about it.

On the downside I got a whoppa of a credit card bill today. Ok so I knew it was coming but I'm not used to going near my $2000 limit. This bill however along with the day to day insurances that come along with it and the weekly grocery spending contained the airfares to the Gold Coast next year as well as a $400 deposit for the accommodation while we are there. Lol I hated seeing the bill so big so hopped onto internet banking and fiddled the accounts a bit making the transfer for the holiday stuff. I know the idea of offset accounts is to leave the money in my account for as long as possible but I hate seeing such a big bill. Also it's nearly mortgage day so I feel rich. Couple of days and that feeling will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment