Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I can't believe we did it!

Last night was a shocker of a night with the lads both having problems meaning I got very little sleep. And today we were supposed to have appointments with both the dentist and the podiatrist but due to one of the boys having tummy issues these had to be postponed until Friday.

So the day started with no plans on what we were going to achieve. I had this annoying feeling I should accomplish something but had no idea what it was.

After lunch I decided to head out to the garden and start to loosen a flax bush that has to be removed for the 4th raised garden bed to be built. My friend who is a handyman had asked me to start digging around it so he could put a rope around it and pull it out using his quad bike. So out we went with gloves and spade and would you believe we managed to get it out just the lads and I. I cannot believe it was easy enough for us to succeed, if I'd known I'd have done it much sooner.

So now the space has been totally cleared for gardens 3 and 4. This means when my friend gets enough good weather to do all his outside paid jobs then he can come to my place and make much quicker progress than we planned.

Tomorrow we have no plans either and we have decided that if it's not raining we will head outdoors again and clear some more of the jungle area making room for the new sandpit and the last of the raised gardens. I'll need to get out the tape measure too so I can see if there will be room to squeeze in the pit and just one or the pit and two gardens. Probably only the one garden seeing as our goal after the gardens is chickens and they will need some space to free range.

Also on the to do list is I have a spot where I wish to plant a new apple tree. I already have an apple tree but it's in a really silly spot that I want to develop into a cricket pitch/soccer field. So I'll need to purchase a new one and when it's fruiting get rid of the old one. First though I have to see if there is enough clear space amongst the roots of the older trees that have been removed. So I'll have to get out the spade again and get digging. Then if that is a success we will head out to Country Gardens at some time during the holidays and purchase a triple grafted tree.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm not sure I follow you. I have only "good" debt and bankruptcy is not an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choccy, I have seen that same comment on other blogs.

    ReplyDelete