Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sticking to the budget

Well so far the back yard is sticking well within it's budget. The chicken coop has arrived and almost made it's way to it's final home. We had a fantastic shopping trip to Bunnings this afternoon and managed to get everything on the list at great prices and even managed to toss in a 6 pack of spinach and silverbeet for the chicks to feast on in the future. We also found the grain store that was recommended to us and purchased enough grain for 2 months. Next time we are heading in that direction I will stop and get more. Ideally I want to have 4-6 months supply on hand meaning if finances get tight for whatever reason we won't have to worry about chook food but will still get plenty of eggs.

Tomorrows task is to create the chicken run and pick up the chickens. That should be interesting as it will be my first real challenge with these creatures. I have boxes in the car and will be brave and not panic about having them in the car with me. And any problems and the lads can jump around in the back getting the birds back in the box.

Then it's time to focus on the garden. The stump guy postponed until tomorrow so he will be here about 7.45. Cringe. Still I want it done and if that's the time then so be it. Then I need to get a price for the wood for the last gardens and see how much money I have left to pay the handyman. He's a friend and will do them for free but I want them done now so will offer to pay for at least some of his time.

So it's an early night for all of us as an early start to an exciting day ahead. I'll keep you posted as to how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment