Sunday, July 4, 2010

The sunshine is due to end

Well we have had a fantastic start to the school holidays weather wise. With 2 boys aged 6 and 8 I am always grateful for weather suitable for outdoors play. They can run, bike, jump and scream and release all that pent up boy energy without coming to too much grief. Lets face it when it comes to boys nothing beats outside time. Unfortunately this good weather is not expected to last a lot longer. But it is winter after all so it's expected.

Today the boys had fun at a friends place while I worked and this afternoon we have just chilled out. We have neighbours over in the back yard as well. Last count it was only 2 extras but you never know at this house. As long as they stay outdoors I don't mind.

I noticed when I filled up with gas this morning that the ETS has increased the price of petrol. Just 3 cents/litre at this stage but wthl the added downside of GST increasing who knows what will happen. I am pleased to say though that it has been 12 days since I last got gas and today's bill was only $61.50. It would usually be $70-$75 so that's money I have managed to save in the last few weeks.

All these things like ETS and GST make me glad I am a non spender. Lets face it the less you spend the less they can tax you. And spending less is much better for your bank balance and the environment too. More stuff is harder to look after, find suitable storage for and I think when you have a lot you can take it for granted. I'd rather have a little and make memories on holidays and outings. Let's face it memories are priceless. It's a shame tickets to the Gold Coast have a $ value lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment