Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back to tightening our belts

Well now that the back yard is half done it's time to tighten our belts again and put our full short term focus into our Gold Coast/ Sunshine Coast holiday in February. I still have the money aside for the rest of the garden and now I am this far I know I will get it done. I will keep you all updated with the progress in the yard as it happens. And one day if I ever learn how to add photos to my blog I will show you the progress.

No eggs today. I think the girls must have heard me break their egg yesterday so now they are sulking with me. Or maybe the one that is laying is just taking a day off. I am getting impatient though as I need them to get laying so they can cover the cost of their food and then start contributing to the holiday fund.

Today for the holiday I emailed the rental car company as I realised they had not emailed me back after I confirmed my booking. Was concerned something had gone missing in cyberspace and they never received my confirmation. All is good and car is booked so I can relax with that one.

Other than that I have no real plans as to how we will organise the rest of the funds. Really need to come up with a plan and soon so that I don't spend the trip worrying about money. I currently add $20 every week to my holiday account but that's about all I am doing. So it's about time I got out some of the lads old stuff and get to work on Trade Me. I guess I could do a couple of grocery challenges too but I think I'll leave that until after Mum and I have spent our Christmas Club money - after that I shouldn't need a lot of groceries as the vege garden should hopefully be self sufficient by that stage. Wonder how many weeks I could carry on with challenge for before it got to be a struggle.

Actually I think I have just sent myself a new task. I now have 19 more grocery shops between now and the first shop of December. I'm going to be as smart as I can with these grocery shops and then after getting the big shop at the beginning of December I will see how many weeks I can go doing $30 challenges. If I can manage 10 weeks then that's $500 for spending money.

So that's 2 tasks between now and the end of the year
1) finish the back yard and get as self sufficient as possible
2) smart shopping then $30 challenges

I'll keep you all posted with how I am getting on.

On a light, non financial note you should have seen Mr8 trying hard to get the girls back into their house for the night. Lol it appears the chickens prefer outside to inside and are not keen to head back in for a sleep. So as he eggcitedly put each one back into the house a little head would pop out and join the group again. Was so funny to see the puzzled look on his face as he kept realising there were no birds in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment