Thursday, July 22, 2010

Boys recreational gym classes

Today the boys went to their first gymnastics class. They were able to be in the same group which with their ages is becoming more and more difficult. And the wee guy doesn't like not being with his big brother so often sulks and won't participate. So you can imagine how happy I was to see this class was designed for not only boys but made to cater for a variety of ages.

And what a hoot. Think 10 lads ages maybe 6-11 all doing a full hour class of gymnastics designed to increase strength, flexibility and agility. At first their teacher made them spend about 10 minutes doing warm up exercises and it was funny to watch the faces as the first timers were getting perplexed about when the fun stuff would start.

And then it was all on. Hopping, jumping and skipping through hoops, forwards and backwards rolls, some work on the uneven bars, double mini tramp and the rings and climbing ropes. Omg I don't know how they had the energy for it all - they wore me out just watching. I had promised to stay and watch today and then was planning on skipping out to the supermarket and doing a quick grocery shop each week. Hmmm might have to reassess that as it was so much fun to watch.

As expected the lads are shattered. After demolishing a box of crackers on the way home, a large dinner of devilled sasuage casserole (thank goodness for the slow cooker) and huge ice cream Fridays they have hit the sack already. I won't say it out loud but I think you can guess what I am thinking about tomorrow morning. Sssssssshhhhhhhhhh just don't tell them!

Also got the car sorted today. At my last warrant the mechanic informed me I would need a new tyre to pass next time. What he failed to mention is it wasn't anything to do with the tread wearing down but a major and dangerous problem with the rubber perishing - especially on the side you couldn't see without removing the tyre. When I went to pick up the puncture repair after lunch they removed the dodgy tyre and put a new one on. They showed me the old one and how we have managed to drive around safely is beyond me. Needless to say we are now safe and I will not be going back to that mechanic. Had I have known it was dangerous I would have had it replaced immediately. I thought he was just giving me warning to start saving for a new tyre.

And started window shopping for a new cellphone today. Mine is on the old CDMA network and needs upgrading before next year or it will no longer work. Have been dragging the chain with looking as it works fine and it's pink so I kinda like it. Also there are so many different kinds of phones available and from cheap to unbelievable. One thing I did discover though in a kind of lightbulb moment is that all the cheap phones didn't have cameras. Now to begin with I was annoyed about that - after all what's a cell phone without a camera and pxting? The lightbulb moment came when I then considered how often I have "needed" my camera on my phone. Um can remember 2 times and that is all. Still haven't found out though how to get those pics off the phone and on to paper. The upside of this is I don't have to rule out the cheap phones just because they are missing the camera. As long as it texts and makes the occasional call then it's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment