Sunday, July 11, 2010

Well today I bit the bullet

Tonight I am the proud winner of Trade Me auction #301328690! That means I am now or soon to be the owner of a hen house. Now to find some hens. Luckily my XMil has hens and has recommended me a place and I will ring them tomorrow. She has also told me a good value place to get grain from so will check that out during the week too.

So it's all systems go in this house. I have gone from thinking and procrastinating to actually biting the bullet and moving full steam ahead. I feel excited and nervous at the same time.

The lads however are super excited. After we won the auction they raced out into my parents living room and started doing happy chicken dances. So totally cute. They know what having chickens entails as they have spent lots of time dealing with Grannies so they will be the ones teaching me.

Well in the budget too which is great. I still have to build a run for them and this afternoon went to Bunnings to price some chicken wire. Even once that is purchased I should still come in between $50-$100 under budget.

So now I just need to finish clearing the jungle and prepping the land. I got out there this morning even though it was so cold I couldn't feel my feet about 5 steps out from the house. Another area is cleared and once the stump guys come mid week the progress will be easy to see. How exciting.

3 comments:

  1. Choccy that is fantastic congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abosutely brilliant.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I cannot believe she who is afraid of birds has just organised chickens! Lol Cat you know what I was like at your place - couldn't even step into the aviary. Should be an interesting crash course in overcoming ones fears!

    ReplyDelete