Monday, July 19, 2010

Mum we don't want to go to school today

That's what the boys were saying to me this morning. And what was their reason? There was a chook in the nesting box and they want to wait for the egg to be laid. Yeah that would be a good excuse - "sorry Mr Principal the boys won't be at school today because they are waiting for the chicken to lay an egg".

Part of their problem was that they were heading to Granny's for dinner after school and wouldn't be home til after dark therefore I would be the one collecting the egg. Oh well you win some you lose some.

Personally I didn't want to go to work today either. Actually I didn't even want to get out of bed. It's rather cold here in the mornings at the moment. Yes I know it is winter. But it's mornings like this that make me wonder why I didn't book the holiday for the colder parts of the year. After all it's like summer all year round on the Gold Coast. Then I remember why I left it until the warmer months. I want the boys to be able to swim all day everyday. And while it's much warmer in Queensland than it is here it's not exactly swimming weather.

And winter does of course have it's upside. Today I had to go into the city for a work appointment. I hardly ever head to the city - can't say I'm particulary fond of it really. However today I was on the 11th floor of the Holiday Inn Hotel and the room had a view out across the city and over to the alps. The sky was pretty clear and you could see the snow capped mountains and to be honest it was totally stunning. A great reminder that there is always a plus side no matter how things look or feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment