Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rain rain and more rain.

Why does it always seem to rain over the weekend and then be sunny on Monday? I've just seen the weather forecast and the next 3 days are rain before sunshine on Monday. This sucks because I really wanted to get the back garden nice and even. And then there's the weeds that still need some attention. I've got my fingers crossed that we will get some sort of a break so I can slip on my gumboots and get some work done.

And the other problem with rain is the washing. It's been nearly 3 years since I have used my clothes dryer. I must say that the airer under the heat pump is a great money saver. If I wasn't using that to assist with the drying then I would have an even worse situation going on. Actually I'd probably have to use the dryer whether I wanted to or not.

It's a good thing we lead a frugal life though. Today I dropped the lads at school and noticed one of the tyres was a bit flat. Decided to stop at the nearest petrol station and put some more air in it. Got there and ooops jolly large screw stuck in it. Now it was cold and wet this morning so I finally decided I would actually use my roadside rescue membership. Best part about all that was that the petrol station I had stopped at was where the roadside rescue mechanic operates out of. Within minutes the guy had the jack out and was walking over to help me out.

So about 10 minutes after realising I had a problem I was back on my way. I was already late for work so took the tyre in to a tyre shop for repair and while there I decided to check out the price for a new tyre I need before getting the next Warrant of Fitness. Was going to do that tomorrow anyway but now it is booked in and sorted.

Getting that done should be the last maintence issue I need to sort and then the car will fingers crossed be sorted for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment